From:
D CHRISTEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:40:19 -0600
I haven't written in quite some time, at least since my Odie had his
surgery last summer.  I do have a question, about him again.  He has
been w/us for a year now, since January, i am not sure of his age, i am
guestimating between 7-8-9 y/o.  He seems healthy, a little weight loss
but still as active as he had been.  Something i noticed last night was
that he was grooming his hind quarter, and when i picked him up, he had
what appeared to be a growth from his little backside.  I haven't made a
vet appt yet for him, but i know it is what i am needing to do, asap, also
this evening i have noticed that he appears to be relieving himself w/no
results?  Do any of u have any idea of what could be going on w/him so
when i do get to the vets, that i can be educated w/some information.  We
have checked his backside again, this evening, my husband says the growth
looks like a skin tag, like his mom has.  I am giving him pedialyte mixed
w/gerber baby food chicken, to try to hydrate him more.  He is thin in the
hips, but like i said, still as active as he had been, and showing no signs
of illness, and eating w/gusto.  Any suggestions to help us out would be
very appreciated.  I really love this little old fellow, and i know someday
i w/have to bid my farewells, but as i told the vet last summer, w/the
options he offered me for how to deal w/his previous ailment, that "Odie
w/let me know when he is ready to die, and to go ahead and do the surgery",
it was an emergency that day, for bloat?  He has been very good since that
one episode, and now this, but i am a hovering momma....I just need some
sincere advice.

Thank you all

Donna and her brat pack of 19 and holding