From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 00:36:09 -0800
Hi, not much time left, I'll have to squeeze in my opinions in the next two
days before I leave on vacation.

Miss Mary - My pets all get Iams Pet Foods.  The ferrets get kitten food,
cats & dog get adult food of their own.  I keep it seperate by keeping the
kitten food in their cage, and the cats & dog can't/don't get in.  The cat
food is on top of the fridge and the dog food is fair game for whoever wants
it, which is the dog & the ferrets.  The first time the ferrets stole pieces
of dog food from the bowl was a riot!  The dog was so shocked, but not
exactly happy.  I've always reassured her that I will keep her bowl full and
I never let it become empty.  Now when she's eating and the ferrets run up
for food, she actually backs away and lets them have at it.  They grab a
piece and run for the living room.  The only problem is that now my dog does
that too, she grabs a piece and goes into the living room to eat it!  I know
the ferrets laugh at her for doing this.

Pete Brown - Would you be willing to have someone come in and house-sit for
you?  My house-sitter is a gal that is home from college for the summer and
living at her parents.  Not exactly what she wants to do after living away
from home for nine months.  She can't wait until we leave and she can have a
place to herself for awhile.  She declined our offers to pay her, saying
that having a place to herself was payment enough.  We plan on giving her a
"tip" instead.

I feel lucky when I read all the posts about couches.  When we bought this
couch it was not with the ferrets in mind, but it sure does the trick!  Our
couch comes all the way to the floor.  The ONLY way to get underneath it is
to lift it, and its a bear to even push it.  Do people have the types of
couches that they could take the legs off of and let it sit on the floor?

I had such a scare this afternoon.  When I came home for lunch I went in to
check on the ferrets, especially since I just started over with the lysodren
with Tequila.  Tequila woke up immediately, ready to play.  But Kahlua was
completely limp.  I moved her, nothing.  I moved her again, nothing.  Oh no!
Not Kahlua, she's the healthy one!  I picked her up and gently shook her.
YAWN - "what's up mom?" I always thought she was a sound sleeper!  What
relief.

Speaking of sleep.  TNT

Holly