From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 May 2002 16:01:45 EDT
I have finally seen the "Stamford terror"!  She is the tiniest sable I
have ever seen short of a kit.  Her nails are way too long.  She came out
to look at me but I was not allowed to touch her, if she bit me they would
have to quarantine her again and we don't want that.  She had bitten the
AC Warden again and had a note on her door that said "DO NOT HANDLE THIS
FERRET WITHOUT GLOVES!"

Several of you have come forward and offered a home, transport, or just
plain support for her.  Thank you!  I have no idea what her life was like
prior to this but it doesn't sound pretty.  I told her this morning that
she would be in an understanding home soon and not to worry.  She just
looked up at me and I wanted to take her right then.

Thank you again, I'll let you all know what ends up happening.

Connie, Butch, Maggie, and CB
"I am sometimes asked, "Why do you spend so much of your time and money
talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?
I answer, "I am working at the roots."
George T. Angell