From:
Susan Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 15:41:28 +0500
Hey all,

I've been lurking around for a while and a message on the last pos t sparked
a question.  Someone mentioned outdoor carpeting for the bottom of the cage.
I'm adopting a ferret in May and I made all the preparations last week
during my spring break.  I bought outdoor "carpeting" for the floors of the
cage.  But it's the kind that you see on miniature golf courses.  That
plastic green stuff.  Is this okay for ferrets?  I made sure that the green
"fuzz" wouldn't pull off before I bought it.  The whole cage comes up from
the base so I cut it so that the edges of the cage would hold down the
carpet and my ferrets couldn't get under it or pull the green "fuzz" off the
edges and maybe cause a blockage.

Has anyone had any experience using this stuff?  I just thought it would be
easier to keep odor-free and clean.  Thanks for any help!

---Susan