From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:33:48 -0500
The bottom line is the welfare of the ferret.  I've bought more than my
fair share to get them out of bad situations.  What if I hadn't?  The
ferrets would have died and the store would have STILL got in more
ferrets.  The sad fact is kits dying in pet stores isn't going to stop
the stores from purchasing more.

It's a very personal decision.  My deciding factor is what will happen to
the little one if I don't buy him/her?  When it's a life or death matter
I chose life.

I'm not supporting the store, I'm supporting the life of the little one
that is in danger.

After purchase and the kit is safely in our home, then I contact the
proper authorities and lodge complaints.  I do talk to the manager but
also go higher, whether it be animal control or a corporate office.
There is NO viable reason any animal shouldn't receive the proper care
and monitoring in pet stores.

hugs. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services