From:
"Tim C. Watson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:43:39 -0500
Thank you so much for your tribute to Max the Chomp.  He got his nickname
due to his desire, initially, to chomp anybody, anytime.  His story, as
best we know, goes like this: he was bought at a pet store and returned
as being a biter.  He then spent 6 months or so in the pet store's
warehouse.  Makai's breeder heard aboutr him and "rescued" him.  We had
gotten Makai from her about a year earlier and wanted to know if we
wanted a buddy for Makai.  We had been thinking about getting a 2nd
ferret as we thought Makai might like a playmate.  Lori told us that
Max was a biter but that he was very healthy and spirited (read fast
and fearless).  We went over to check him out.  Of course shortly after
"meeting" him, he nailed me in the hand or arm, we thought we could work
with him and that Makai might be a good playmate for him and may learn
him to be a good, gentler ferret.

To make this a bit shorter, Max and Makai became best buds.  Max was
about a year or year and a half younger but at that time Makai was
getting to be a pretty big boy, close to 4.5# or so.  We figured with
Makai's greater size and strength he'd probably be a reasonable match for
Max's youth and energy.  For the most part we were right.  We dubbed them
the Millenium Ferret Brothers for their initials MM.  They almost always
slept together and Makai let Max climb all over him ... most of the time.

There are a few pictures of Salena and Makai on my Home Page, I'm going
to be giving Salena, Makai and Max there own page, but it may take
awhile.  I think we have a few of Max as well which I'll try to put up
in the near future.

Thank you again Sandee, Max always did like to try stuff and there hardly
was a snack he wouldn't try and usually liked.

-- Tim

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/tcwatson