From:
Robert C Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 08:17:19 -0600
Hi all,
I recently was in KY and visited a pet store that had opened recently.  My
wife and I were very upset when we went in and the first thing we saw was a
grown ferret in a wire cage that was much smaller than most cat carriers and
it was full of wood chips.  We also noticed that many pets in the store
didn't have any water.  When we brought it to an employees attention she
quickly said that she didn't know anything about that and was just there to
close the store.  We went back the next day and were appauled that there was
a bowl full of bird seed in the cage with the ferret and they were feeding
catfood to herbivorous reptiles.  When we talked to the owner she was very
snotty, telling us that the birdseed was a treat for the ferret and the
woodchips were fine and that neither would hurt the ferret.  She then got
very upset asking us if there was anything else we didn't like about her
store.  I have been very concerned for all of the animals there since.  I
was wondering, does anyone know who I should contact to have such problems
examined and hopefully eradicated?

                Thanks in advance,
                        Cray