From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 09:20:23 EST
>From:    Lo <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Marshall tatts
>
>Our vet said the back foot tatt shows which distributor the ferret
>went through after leaving Marshall's.  Back right foot means ferrets
>went through Colorado on their journey to wherever.

This is interesting Lori.  My vet, who very recently had a "guided" tour
thru the facility (we live about an hour and a half away), was told by MF
that the back foot tattoo was their record of who took care of that
particular litter and who did the medical work on it; a quality control
measure.  The distributor angle was never mentioned however, it does make
sense I suppose.

Barb and the 6 whirling dervishes....Gus, Hope, Bren, Kate, Tess and Cher

Please give to Aleutian Disease research...the ferret you save may be your
own.  http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom