From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:01:50 -0500
To the FML:

Several days ago, Anne posted to the FML about ferrets which she had
adopted following her brother's passing and a requirement for adrenal
care:

>Does anyone know of a vet in the CT area or anywhere who might be willing
>to prescribe the injections so that we can continue to treat them?
>Please, please help me if you can.  I love these ferrets and I feel a
>huge responsibility to my brother to care for them properly.  I am so
>unimaginably frustrated by my parents' attitude I cannot begin to tell you.

I just wanted to post an update to this story - a vet in New England has
graciously agreed to provide care for the animals at considerably less than
cost.  This vet is well known to many ferret owners in the area.  I am
hesitant at the moment to mention this vet's name, for fear of setting an
unreasonable expectation on the FML that this kindness will become a
practice standard - every vet does have the right to turn a profit, or
else we wouldn't have may left.  .  Perhaps shortly I will be able to post
the rest of the story.  I know that many people would be following this
story and hoping for that happy ending - and we've got it.

These are the kind of Christmas presents that the FML is famous for.

A happy, and healthy, Christmas to all,

Bruce Williams, DVM