Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:05:21 -0400
We brought our first ferret home as a small kit.  Our dog (an oversized
Sheltie) realized immediately that this was "A Baby!" and treated Meep as
such.  As Meep got larger and somewhat more aggressive in approaching her
(other than trying to nurse on her!) Shelley (dog) became more interactive
and played more with Meep.  Now they play chase, usually with Meep chasing
Shelley but occasionally the other way around.  Shelley has never shown the
least amount of aggression toward either of our ferrets and I don't hesitate
to leave them "together" in the house when I leave for the day.  Probably
you should watch carefully for a period of time and be sure there are plenty
of ferret "safe spots" such as furniture to run to if needed.  At any rate
our menagerie all gets along fine.

Karla
Meep and Daisy