From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 2009 03:01:00 -0400
Ok, I'm realy confused on this on this constant advice.

In ALL my years of breeding ferrets not once has any of my jills
dragged their kits across the floor as punnishment for biting. They
hiss & bite back but NEVER drag.

WHY does everyone always give the advice of dragging their ferret
across the floor to get them to stop biting when this is NOT something
a jill will do to their kit?? Even my hobs don't drag their kits for
biting. (YES, my hobs take part in raising their kits.) They will bite
back and even sit on an unruly kit, but never drag.

Can someone please explain where this falsehood started??

[DF]