From:
Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:33:35 EDT
>From:    "G. A. Christian Bilou" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Forged MF Ferrets
>
>I have to wonder...with all the bad feelings and general controversy
>surrounding Marshall Farms, what on earth would anyone hope to gain from
>forging their tattoos and certificates?

My guess is because in general in the pet trade business is that Marshall
Farms is respected.  MF treats its buyers with respect and courtesy.  If
something goes wrong with a shipment of ferrets MF fixes it.  They are
large scale, inexpensive, and have the "inventory" to back up any problems.
Sad but true.  I would rather buy from a petstore that sold MF ferrets
than one who sold from an "unknown".  I don't mean a small time breeder,
I mean from someone who walked in off the street and said, "hey I got
these baby ferrets, you guys wanna sell them for me?"  That is an unknown.
Those ferrets could have been bred between brother and sister!  A small
time breeder or private breeder would never do that and would have the
responsibility and presence of mind to take any responsibility with a baby
ferret who had congenital problems.

Does that help?  I hope so 'cause here it is 6 am and I am trying to be
coherent!  LOL!

Sharon