From:
Lori Crosland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:52:15 EST
I was so upset to see the sight at Meadows Pets Las Vegas in the Meadows
Mall.  They had Ferrets in small fish tank aquariums with no litter box.
Two were grown.  They were sleeping in their own feces!  Their little faces
were stuck flat to the tank out of desperation!  No hammocks, no toys, no
nothing!  I was devastated at the site.  I contacted the store manager at
MEADOWS PETS in the mall.  I was VERY nice and told her what i had seen.
She guaranteed to me that her Ferrets were only 8 weeks old.  I don't
believe it.  She also told me ferrets under the age of 8 weeks WILL NOT
use a litter box cause their not trained.  Anybody who knows ferrets knows
their instinct is to go in the corner (if there is one).  Put a small box
their that is easy to get into and they will use it.  They will at least
get close!  Anyway, this woman told me that I was pathetic and she hung up
on me.  I was just trying to help.  ANYONE in Las Vegas who loves Ferrets
as I do, give me a hand in letting them know they are WRONG!  I want to
see these guys get help.  The whole pet store stinks and is jammed beyond
belief.  It is awful and I am disgusted!