From:
Phyllis Doss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:43:52 -0400
Dear Friends,

I've lurked on the list off & on since 1997 when I adopted my first ferrets
from the Georgia Ferret Association.  I have rescued two more prescious
boys since then.  One was adopted out and one is still with us.

I now need your help.

My husband has colon cancer.  It was one year ago last week that he was
diagnosed.  He is doing well, and we praise God for it, but more of our
shared responsibilities have fallen to me since his illness.

About 8 weeks ago we got a sheltie puppy.  We have wanted one for a long
time.  She is a joy.  My little girl ferret, Sarah, attacks her when we
let her out of her cage.  I have tried everything.  I thought she would
get used to the puppy, but she hasn't.

Sarah and Noah have been together their whole lives.  I can't seperate
them.  I am looking for someone who would like to adopt them both.  Sarah
gives lots of kisses and steals dad's remote and moms empty coke bottle.
She keeps many special things in her hidey hole.  Noah loves people.  He
will bite if you ignore him, but he loves his humans very much.  Wow, this
is hard.  I want their cage which has the tunnels running from it over the
cage to go with them.  My daughters ferret Pan loves the puppy and is well
adjusted.  We can get him a new cage.  He'll be fine.  It's Noah and Sarah
that I am worried about.

Please don't think I'm a bad mom.  I'm just tired, too tired to do it all.

Thank you and much love.

Phyllis

Tifton, GA