Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 1994 12:49:12 -0500
Hi all!
This is the first time I've ever posted, but I need some help or suggestions
or something.  My 8 month old female sable lost a considerable amount of fur
and is now considerably lighter than she used to be (she's now grey) but the
loss is only around her head.  My boyfriend and I were away Thursday night
and when we returned home on Friday evening, Mike went to check on the "kids"
The fur on Peppy's head was really short and greyish white.  Paranoid as I am
out the "kids" I called the vet.  He said that he couldn't think of anything
that might cause her fur to fall out in the head area.  We made an appointment
for Saturday and when the vet saw her, he said she was healthy, hre skin is
fine and everything looks okay.  He told us just to watch her and if she
starts acting differently to bring her back.

My question is, is this normal?  Should I just go on my vet's advise and leave
it at that or should I take her to another vet?  I checked around the base of
her tail and the fur there is the same as usual.  I also checked Gabe, our
6 month old male albino and I couldn't see anything amiss with him.  Has this
happened to anyone else and will her fur grow back to normal?  Any advise
or suggestions or anything will be very much appreciated.  Thanks,
Mary