From:
anneinchicago <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 02:06:10 -0500
Why, yes.  I'm still appalled, thanks for asking.

I've had biters.  And everyone's advice (except possibly for biting back
but that's just me- I like a more gentle approach) is probably very good.

Except for one thing no one seems to remember.

Puma wasn't a biter (or, at least, I don't remember a post saying she
was) BEFORE the move.

Therefore, Puma isn't a normal biter and shouldn't, IMHO, be treated as
such.  She's biting because she's stressed.  She's biting because her
entire world has been turned upside down.  So let's add to her stress
by getting angry with her for biting and bite her back.  Terrific.

As to those who bite their children... Words fail me.

anne