From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 13:31:46 -0500
I'm ordering a tooth scaler through my vet - they've been very nice and are
trying to find the cheapest price for me - but I figured if the ferrets are
going to need their teeth cleaned, I'm going to do it and save myself
upwards of $100 a year.

The kind my vet recommends has a shovel-shaped end (square end, not rounded)
and costs $15 for a scraper with only one scraping end (most come with two
scraping ends).  The shovel end looks like:
        __,
        \ |

and you just scrape down on the tooth from the gumline.  Her preferred
method is to have someone to scruff and someone to scrape.

Melissa and the gang of 'Noooooooo!  Dont you DARE stick that into my
mouth!' ferrets

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters