From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 05:48:35 -0700
4 ferrets, 1 actually grinning from the sidelines..early evening, 3 fuzzys
running around doing their fuzzy thing..I decided to get down and REALLY
play with these guys...knowing full well the uproar it creates.  So we
started off with a mild game of chase, I have a 2 story town home, which
they have full run of..it started downstairs proceeded into the kitchen
around the table, the only obstacle to overcome was a tube of previously
commandeered ferretvite..so they all get a lick..then I hissed and stomped
the floor and they tore up the stairs waiting for me at the top I crawled
up after them, they ran out onto the deck crawled under the tarp to hide
from me..the blue tarp was war dancing wildly then they ran through their
10 foot hard plastic tube, Joey stopped at the end of it, Chandler and
Socks were stuck so they had to back out, but I finally captured my three
victims, phoebe still at my feet watching the whole thing, we played a
short round of "tickle belly" and "gitchyerbutt" I love to see them get so
excited, my once horrible biter, Joey jumped and leapt at me, grabbed my
arm but never bit, my precious little Socks who never bit, lept up my leg,
grabbed my hand and held on with all her might and licked/nipped with
extreme urgency, and Chandler, the Mother Theresa of all ferrets opened his
mouth in mock attack..dunno, could have been a yawn, happily laid there
while I tortured him.  I decided to increase this ferret frenzy...my son
Niko, was just getting out of the bath....there was only a couple of inches
left in the tub..and I swiftly scooped them up before they could do their
mind meld thing and learn of my plan I plopped them into the tub, it was
like watching popcorn pop, except for Chandler, he loves water and went
snorkelling in the deep end...I pulled them all out after a couple of
seconds..this is where the fun really begins, as you all know how they
behave when the are wet..picture if you will 3 of them running wildly
around, scotching, licking, leaping, rolling.  Again I scoop them all up,
NOT an easy task with 3 wet weezules and we proceeded to play toss the
ferrets as they are flying through the air towards the bed, I can hear Joey
plotting his revenge, he hates to be wet..they land gracefully but come up
LEAPING and run back to me for more..things have really escalated, they are
going crazy.I grab the towel and shake it in their direction only to
further fuel the fire, they are crazed at this point, grabbing each other,
the towel running and chasing each other, play fighting..what a sight to
behold..then my son says to me "Mom there getting psychic again" ( every
now and then he gets the 2 words, psycho and psychic mixed up ) I had to
laugh.  Long before this my old lady Phoebe had gone back to bed..to much
excitement I guess.  I just love these little guys, and how we are able to
interact with them.  Having them in my life has made a tremendous
impact..THEY ARE THE CHERRY ON THE CAKE OF MY DAY..To quote Bette Midler
from Down and out in Beverly Hills.  Oh and Sukie, I agree with you whole
heartedly.

Dooks to you all
June Louis and the zoo