From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2012 00:03:43 -0500
Hi,

Just thought I would share a similar experience I recently had with a
ferret and bloody urine...

I noticed red on the floor when one of my females, a 3 y/o sable named
Daisy, was peeing in her favorite corner one evening during free roam
playtime - I thought it was all blood, but upon closer inspection, I
saw it was blood mixed with urine. That area where she pees from was
red and obviously irritated too, causing more discomfort.

I took her to the vet the next morning. Immediate possibilities ranged
from urinary tract infection, to stones in her bladder. He started her
on antibiotic, and Xrays were done to determine if there were stones
present - and discovered that she had 8 stones in her bladder, as well
as a urinary tract infection. The stones were removed a couple days
later. She did very well with surgery, and was home that same day.

That's the only time that I have seen blood in a ferret's urine, and
yes it freaked me out, especially because it happened at night, after
the vet had closed for the day lol.

Howard