From:
Jenna Leigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:50:57 -0800
I took my ferret in for a check-up at the vet today to inquire about the
small scab which keeps developing behind her ear.  The vet checked her out
thoroughly... and found her to be in perfect condition.  She's the right
weight, her skin looks good, no redness or drying, temperature's normal,
no sign of fleas, mites, or anything of the like, etc. etc. etc. etc.

He seemed to think that the most likely cause for her itching would be that
we've had the heater on in the house a lot lately due to cold weather, and
that it may have dried her skin out a bit, though not noticeably.  He said
to simply keep an eye on her and watch for any abnormal fur loss, etc.

I feel much better now but I still find it peculiar that this scab would
show up repeatedly in the same place.  But I guess that now the best I can
do is to watch it closely, as the veterinarian suggested... correct?

"I don't believe a person should run unless he's being chased."
  &
"Sorry.  I was just breathing here."
 ~ Casey/The Faculty
 ->,the Unoffical Christine Cavanaugh Page!
 http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1932