Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 02:05:20 -0700
Several of you have contacted me off list, but I didn't keep tract of who
you were.  So here's one follow-up post and then I don't know anything
else and won't spend time trying to learn more. :-)

My personal experience with these breeding pairs at the B & I was about
4 months ago.  There was a sign which said "SPECIAL Breeding Ferrets
$74.99/pair".

Washington Ferret Rescue has volunteers in the Tacoma area and they have
apparently been stopping by the B & I periodically trying to find out
where their ferrets come from and keeping an eye on the situation there.
I'm told that, as of last week, there were NO whole ferrets being sold
there.  Instead they were selling ferrets for over $150 each (forget if
she said $160 or $165.) I'm also told that the current manager doesn't
think they ever sold unaltered ferrets.  So for whatever the reason, it
seems like they may never (in the near future) again sell whole ferrets.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org