Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1992 12:09:01 -0500
Does daylight have much to do with ferrets' sleep cycle?

It seems that mine sleep a lot more now than in the summer. Until
August I could expect at least one of them to jump in bed at 0430
(well, I don't have a bed really; I sleep on the floor), but
nowadays I can't always wake them both up by the time I leave for
work at 0630. Likewise when I get home, they may just wake up,
and then go to bed again, and not become active until 1900.

I'm not so sure, but may it not be that they have moved their
waking hours to the very few daylight hours we have this time of
year?

(I guess most of you who read this live far south of me. If you
have a map of north America, consider that Stockholm is barely
south of Greenland, but north of Churchill. But we have a better
climate than those places.)
--
 Urban Fredriksson   [log in to unmask]  ([log in to unmask])
 Stockholm, Sweden