From:
HARRY SILVIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 07:36:27 -0500
>I don't remember this litter being discussed,but need to know if it's safe
>for fuzzies.It's called little tigers,and is made from pine.Just need to
>know if anyone has heard of it and if it's any good.
>
>Sandy and Fab Four

Sandy,
You have not heard this product discussed in the past, as it is new.  The
manufacturer is here in Marietta, GA, so I was interested in the product
when I saw an article on them in the Marietta Journal.  They claim it is
soft wood that has been dried, then processed.  We picked up a 10# bag last
week-end for $ 2.08 at an Ingles grocery.  I removed all the litter boxes
of stove pellets and replaced them with the pine.  There was no pine smell
and it looks like they had been run through the same dies as the stove
pellets but, the bag we had the individual pellets did not keep their form.
They failed miserably in my testing on our ten little guys, as they do not
control the oder and they decompose quickly, as they were not whole
pellets.  This would be an expensive alternative to stove pellets.  We are
back to stove pellets and everything is back to normal.

Harry C. Silvis
Kennesaw ten - The Litter Testers