From:
Lynne Troy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:38:51 -0400
I'm searching for information.  My 4 year old male was diagnosed with
polycythemia vera (production of an excess of red blood cells).  It seems
as though this is not a common disease in ferrets and not a lot is known
about it.  His current treatment is pred, essiac, and therapeutic
phlebotomy (which we will be starting next week).

If anyone has had an experience with this or can provide me any
information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Could responses be sent to me privately at    [log in to unmask]

Thanks everyone.

Lynne Troy