From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 06:35:36 -0500
To Robyn:

You asked about the Marshall's Ferret Diet - Dr. Judi Bell, the former
veterinarian at Marshall Farms, just did a lecture for our club and she
discussed foods.

While Totally Ferret was at the top of her list, the Marshall's brand was
the 2nd.  She said it is a good, complete food, but probably a little too
rich for the average pet ferret.  It is very high in protein and fat (I
don't remember exactly the ratio, but I *think* about 40% protein and 22%
fat) and is good for pregnant/nursing jills and for weaning babies.

There is nothing wrong with this food, and if you are using it, you doing
alright by your ferret.  If you're blending it with another food, that would
help reduce the richness.  I used to use it myself, and it helped my ECE
ferrets considerably, but less than half of my ferrets liked it, so I
eventually dropped it from the mix.

I do use it to wean babies, though - it's easier for them to eat, and they
need the extra fat and protein in their early months - IMO.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY