From:
Sandy E Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 18:41:53 EDT
Alright! OK! I give up!

I thought my mailbox had gotten full before.  Little did I realize...  Good
gobbledy-gook!  Hang on, Newt, we're headed for the pea patch!  - sorry,
private joke.

Look folks, I really DO need some time to get all of these stories out of my
head and onto paper.  I've even 'bowed up like a cut worm' and decided to
try to get a book or three published.  Time will tell and I sure could use
the money.

I was not prepared for all the responses to my decision to temporarily
retire from the FML.  I propose a comprimise.  While I'm going to be
spending most of my time trying to get some stuff on paper and off to
publishers, I will TRY to send an occasional letter to the FML.  No
promises, but I will try.  As far as all the personal mail is concerned,
THANK YOU!  Please don't get ill with me if I don't respond.  I really must
discipline myself to accomplish the task I have embarked upon.

As far as the rumors that I have died or left the FML for good are
concerned, don't believe them.  I am still here and will read and cherish
every word that anyone cares to send to me.  I'll just be very BUSY for
awhile.  Huh!!  Guess I'm turning into a ferret!

Seriously, thank you for the concern and kind words.  You folks are the
best!  I never realized that I would find so many good and true friends on
this here pooter.  I am truly happy and deeply humbled that the Father
Chief - God, by whatever name you choose to call Him, or not - has allowed
it to happen.

Oh yes, this was Mee Maw's idea.  For anyone who is intererested, we will
send you copies of some of my stuff.  WARNING!  It's Science Fiction and
poetry, as well as some other drivel.

Thanks again for the love and kindness you have shown to an Old Man, his
wife and two splendifurrous ferrets.

Paw Paw (re-lurking now)

Mee Maw - "Back to work, you hack!"
Paw Paw - "Yes, dear."
Tater - "Does this mean we get more time with Paw Paw, or is he just going
to write about us?"
Odie - "Hush and help me hide the box of raisins we stole."
Thor - "I wish they'd quit dragging me around the room. The back of my neck
HURTS!!"