From:
Bobbi McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 1999 01:01:26 -0500
Someone posted a question a few days ago about the existance of shelters
in the KC area.  As I have seen no other posts about us I will respond as
briefly as I can.  Kansas City Ferret Hotline Assoc.  has the only shelter
exclusively for ferrets in the metro area.  Some departments of animal
control (Kansas City, MO., Gladstone, Grandview...) will take in and place
ferrets but most do not.

We usually have 30-40 ferrets (getting close to 50 makes me VERY nervous),
we charge an adoption fee, screen and educate potential adoptors, and
require a contract.  We have about an 80% placement rate, are a no-kill
shelter, and also do foster placements.  We have 4 permanent residents
including a vasectomized hob, Cyrus, who is very good at his job.

Association meetings are the 2nd Sunday of each month at 5PM, call for
directions, 816-842-3707.  We are not hard to find.  We invite visitors
but are ECE exposed (and we have access to another site that is ECE free).
Call first as the shelter is also my home.

Bobbi, Shelter Directress and Benign Despot  <+:-)