From:
Chris Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:13:20 +0100
This thread of kit too young to eat dry food does not make a lot of sense
to me unless there is an underlying health problem with the kits.  My
kits are crunching through quite large bones before 6 weeks of age(I do
not feed kibble to kits) and most UK ferret food manufacturers say feed
dry from 4 weeks.  Chris

J.W. is one of the good UK ferret foods and is a small star shape.

James Wellbeloved Ferret Food, Feeding Guide.

KITS: From 3 weeks, offer small amounts of food soaked till soft with
warm water, or broth, gradually decreasing liquid.  Replace any uneaten
damp food with fresh after a few hours.  From 4 weeks, offer only dry
food.  Up to 16 weeks feed free, allowing animals to clean out the bowls
every 2/3 days to maintain freshness.  At this age food consumption will
be approx.  7% of body weight.

  ADULTS FERRETS: Feed free, but restrict diet to approx.  5% of body
  weight if animals get too heavy.

  LACTATION/FINAL 2 WEEKS GESTATION: Feed free without restriction.

  FRESH WATER: Supply plenty of fresh clean drinking water at all
  times.

The Wessex Ferret Club http://web.ukonline.co.uk/superzoe/index.htm
Chris Lloyd ICQ no. 44575318