From:
Steve Godun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:19:10 -0500
Lots of people have emailed me about having problems downloading the
Doritos commercials I posted.  Here's a few things to try...

WEB SITE
Go to the web site (http://homepage.mac.com/sgodun/FileSharing18.html).
You should be able to click on the "download arrow" next to the filename
you want to download.  Most of the people who had problems with this are
PC users.  If you have a PC, you can also right-click on the "download
arrow" and select "Save Target As..." from the menu.

IDISK PUBLIC ACCESS -- MAC OS 9 USERS
If you don't have one already, sign up for a free iTools account
(http://itools.mac.com/) then logon to the iTools site.  Once there,
click the "iDisk" icon.  You'll see a field that says "Open Public
Folder".  Enter "sgodun" (no quotes) in the field and click "Open Public
Folder".  After a few moments you should see a "disk" appear on your
desktop.  You can then double-click on that icon and drag-copy the files
right to your computer.  When you're done, drag the "disk" icon to the
trash to disconnect.

IDISK PUBLIC ACCESS -- MAC OS X USERS
Choose "Connect to Server" from the Finder's GO menu and type
"http://idisk.mac.com/sgodun/Public" (no quotes).  After a few moments
you should see a "disk" appear on your desktop.  You can then double-click
on that icon and drag-copy the files right to your computer.  When you're
done, drag the "disk" icon to the trash to disconnect.

IDISK PUBLIC ACCESS -- WINDOWS USERS
If you're using Windows XP, open My Computer, then choose Map Network
Drive from the Tools menu.  If you're using Windows 2000, open My
Computer, choose Map Network Drive from the Tools menu, and click "Web
folder or FTP site." If you're using Windows 98, open My Computer,
double-click the Web Folders icon, and double-click Add Web Folder.  In
each case, enter "http://idisk.mac.com/sgodun/Public" (no quotes) as the
location to add.  You can then drag-copy the files right to your computer.

If NONE of that works, well... I dunno what to tell you. I tried all of
these at home so I know they all work.  :)  Good luck.