Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 20:34:47 EDT
Hi all ~

I met the worst people in the world yesterday, and they are still
parked next door. You know how Keith Oberman (MSNBC) does "The Worst
Person in the World" each night? Got some.

This campground is a lovely big one. Campgrounds sort of have a "rules
of the road" just like boaters. It's a courtesy. There are our 2
spaces, and in between a common area for anyone who wants extra space.
We had put up the play cages for our fuzzies only on our half, and had
our own picnic table. When I went out yesterday to set up food and
water in each play cage, she was sweeping up a mat and said "That's
not going to stay here is it? What are those?"

I said "Ferrets...they are harmless...make no noise...and are caged."

She said "Ugh" and shivered. Then he came out and asked the same thing.
They are in a big pink/purple van and he looks like the CEO who lives
on other people's retirement money when he himself retires. Now they
have a big beautiful collie. So they bring him out. He sets up barking,
and I said "Should I introduce them?" He said "No! He'll eat them." I'm
thinking this can't be good. I'm on my side of the common space. He
then plops down to stake his space and stares. I bring the rest of the
second playgroup out. Then each afternoon I do a devotion in which I
use a rosary. I hear "Oh....shussshhh...she's doing the praying
thing..." in a very derogatory voice. Now I hide my rosary so as not to
offend people. The dog is barking and straining on his leash...Bandit
is shaking...my back is hurting and I'm looking at moving 3 playcages
by myself.

He sat there and made derogatory comments the whole time and so did
she. It was so embarrassing. Who would have a beautiful collie and not
train him not to eat other animals? Plus the rules in the park say not
to bring barking dogs in.

Not wanting to make a scene, and feeling I was representing ferret
owners, I quietly moved all of our paraphernalia to the other side. The
ferrets had a good time and stopped shaking; I stopped shaking; and
when Tim drove up he was furious. We thought about playing a good round
of the organ music that begins "Phantom of the Opera" out the window
towards them, but saner minds prevailed and we just let it go. I do
have their licenseplate # and will file a complaint with this
campground. It is a chain and they will put it in their computer.

This is the first negative experience in both our moving out to Arizona
and moving back. It's a shame such people inflict themselves on others
like that. They have their whole common area and we have no
interaction.

Warmly ~
Mary