From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:29:04 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret decided to take a walk
with de kits, Serena and Isabel to de beautiful falls. Oh you haven't
heard about de Falls? Oh these are more beautiful than all de falls
thrown together on earth and trust me, we has seen pictures of them.
Serena, de curious one, was running along ahead of me picking up blue
flowers for a bouquet. Isabel, on de other hand, was a teensy bit
quieter, but not by much, was just chattering to me. All of a sudden,
up flew Dexter, with a note in his paw. He said,

"SawaFewwet, I has dis note from de Boss, But I don't understand it.
It says dis lady wants you to find her fewwets who passed awhile back.
How will you ever find them? Do you want me to help you?"

I took de note and read it and knew our walk was over for awhile, so
I sent Serena and Isabel back to de cottage. Den I told Dexter to be
careful about reading de notes as he could get easily confused. Just to
wait till I had read them and then I would help him understand them.

Then I asked Dexter, "How would you like to go with me to find these
fuzzies? You must be very quiet though and not chatter. Do you
promise?"

Dexter looked at me with amazement because I had NEVER taken him
anywhere like dis. He said, "SawaFewwet, I will be the best fewwet
ever. You will be so pwoud of me and so will the Boss."

So we went to check in de Boss's Big Book of Ferrets. There in the Book
under Cynde's name I found, Clyde, greeted by Forsythe and then there
was Patches, greeted by Maxwell, and Bonnie, greeted by Jennifer. And
where did they all go? Let me see--wing color, etc. oh yes, now I knew
where to find dem. I asked Dexter, "Now do you see how we do this?" He
was very quiet and said not a word and nodded his head as if to say
"yes." I closed de Big Book and then...

We went down de road, across de strawberry patch, through de
everlasting gold flowers and we reached Stonebeary Mound. Wowsie,
nice big cottage. Had to be for all de fuzzies dat were dere, looking
through my note. I knocked on de door, and a handsome fuzzy answered.
I asked, "Are Bonnie, Clyde, and Patches here?" He replied, "Oh, I
am Clyde, and that is Bonnie over there cooking, and I am sure that
Patches is around here somewhere. Why don't you two come in?" I told
them dat I was SaraFerret and dat I was one of de bridgegreeters and
dat I had a note from dere Mommy Cynde.

Well dat woke dem all up. Bonnie finished cooking (whatever it was sure
smelled good), and she ran over to see what was going on. You could see
dat she was de head of de house.

A lovely sable fuzzy with wings of hot pink. She called for Patches who
came out from de other room, cute little fellow with wings of bright
green. And of course Clyde, a handsome young fuzzy with wings of blue.
De other fuzzies were quckly introduced; Misty, Silver Bear, Coco Bear,
Spott, Scooter, and Stinky. So many and I was getting confused with
all of de names. I told dem dat dere Mommy wanted to know how dey were
doing. Dat she still missed dem and thought of dem all of de time. I
could see how much dey still thought of her. But then I remembered
Dexter and nudged him to introduce himself (not a word had he said).
So I had to do it. "Everyone, dis is Dexter, and he is one of de
couriers. You seldom see dem unless dey are out playing. But dey are so
important." Clyde spoke up, "Gee, he sure is a quiet sort, isn't he?"
(Oh, I thought to myself, if they only knew). I knew we had to get
this show on de road so I said, "we really must get going; is everyone
ready? Just follow me to a place where you have never been before."

So we went down another path through a field of sweet williams, past
a weeping willow and arrived at de Misting Pond. We sat down beside
de cool clear water and with one swish we saw a vision of Mommy Cynde
appear. Dey got so excited dey started waving and dooking with all of
dere might.

"We love you Mommy. Thank you for loving us. Thank you for rescuing us
from the pet store. Thank you for taking care of us. We hope we took
care of you. We have beautiful wings and can fly now. We have lotsa
friends and run and play and most of all we don't hurt any more. Wait
a minute, Mommy, we have something else to say."

Then Bonnie got de rest of de group and gathered dem all together and

"All right guys, lets do this right for Mommy. WE WISH YOU A MERRY
CHRISTMAS, WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS, WE WISH YOU A MERRY
CHRISTMAS, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR."

Then dey began to throw hugs and kisses and de song and wrapped it
with all of dere love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which
was headed to your house and by de time you should read dis it should
have landed dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

We visited awhile by de Misting Pond. I joked with dem about a group
dat included Frank and Jesse James and asked if dey had met dem. Bonnie
replied, "Oh yes, we have met dem, we have a lot of laughs about our
names. Would you two like to come back to our cottage? We have a lot to
eat there?" I said, "Thank you so much for asking us, but Dexter and I
has so much to do right now. I know your cooking smells so good. Could
we come another time?" So Bonnie gave me an open invitation to just
stop by and I knew I would first chance. I gave each a hug and Bonnie
gave a very quiet Dexter a great BIG HUG as we parted ways.

As we headed home, Dexter asked me, "SawaFewwet, I was good, wasn't I?
I was quiet just like you asked." I replied with a laugh, "Yes, Dexter,
you were too quiet, but you were a sweetheart."

(Bless his little courier heart, at least he was trying).

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter