From:
Krista Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 12:18:14 -0500
Hi all,

We too have a ferret that has only one blob in his right ear.  Our vet says
she has never seen this.  He is fixed and decented.  I live in Ottawa,
Ontario, Canada.  We also have two other ferrets that are supposedly from
Hagen but have absolutely no tattoos.  Does this mean that the pet store is
selling a "Hagen" ferret that is not a Hagen ferret?

Two other people wrote:

>... the tatoos in the right ear is a Marshall farms trade mark.
>Jennifer

>The big ole Canadian ferrets have one of two types of tattoos in their
>ears.  they either have a green H in one ear (this means Hagen) and a black
>X or a Y in the other.  The other one is usually just an X, no green H,
>whether male or female, and is either black or dark blue....  Doesn't mean
>your ferret is Canadian, but it's always a possibility.  Sheena

Krista    [log in to unmask]