From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:02:13 -0500
Rufus was living with Boon & Dork, the Paris kids that were supposed to
come back tot eh shelter on x-mas eve.  THANKFULLY they surprised me by
showing up tonight.  Rufus is in critical condition at the vets tonight,
he was rushed there by Lynn & Britt, shortly after he arrived back at the
shelter.  When he got here, he was VERY dehydrated.  We rushed to get
some sub-q fluids into him and watched as he wobbled from side to side.

He continuously tried to pee-pee without much luck.  When he did squeeze
some urine out, it was bloody.  He lay in my arms, shivering and his body
temperature was quite cold (though i don't have a thermometer to check
it).  I'll know more late tonight when the vet on call gets back to me
with a firmer plan.  For now, he's on an IV drip with antibiotics but is
in serious condition.

Please, keep Rufus in your prayers tonight.

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org <http://www.ferretaid.org/>

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost 1/2 sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html