From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 03:11:43 -0600
Hey Y'all,

I've been very quiet lately and thought I should make up for it and irritate
some folks.  hehe.  I have definately not been doing very well lately and
have stayed off the computer.  My therapist wants me to turn it off for,
gasp, choke, 2-3 weeks.  I don't think so!!

I have started spring cleaning around here and it is really amazing what one
can turn up with 25 ferrets running around.  I know it is a plot.  They even
stole some of my cd-roms.

Right now, the entire bunch is caged.  Gasp, horrors!!  They think they are
being abused, let me tell you.  Pooh Bear is trying to hypnotize me, Conan
the Toebiter is throwing a fit and Miss Stella is standing with her hands
on her hips, giving me the "hairy eyeball."

I have a two fold purpose in caging them.  First, I have several boys who
are very, very bad about using a litter box.  This is partly my fault, as I
have never caged the fuzzbutts on a regular basis.  They have always been
able to run around at least a room, if not the whole house.

Secondly, because of the above, the ferret room carpet is beyond cleaning
in certain spots.  So it is coming up and I am going to lay vinyl tiles
down in its place.  The ferrets have to be put up when I am trying to drag
that carpet out.  I am not looking forward to it, and hope I can manage to
do it by myself.

So hopefully, ridding the room of the smell and caging for a period, will
get them boys two brain cells to function at the same time the lower half
of their bodies call.  Yep, I think they are much like men, the brain just
quits under certain circumstances.  ;-)

I am also going to hit the dog show tomorrow, my vet is judging and she
said there is over 2000 entries!!  Lots of toys should be around and I hope
I can find some good things for the guys.

BTW, I ordered some of the Carnique patties (freeze dried).  I soaked one in
water, per instructions.  Pookie ate some.  Connor the cat ate a couple of
bites.  He also took the package off the counter for the ferrets.  Lets just
say that in my house anyways, them thangs make damn good stash.  I have been
finding them everywhere.  Not even nibbled on.  Oh well.  I would suggest if
anyone wants to try them to get the cat variety.  It seems to be much lower
in ash and minerals, which is better for the urinary tract.

Mo' Maggie, and the 25 Mad Mad Mad Mustelidae