From:
Dee Race <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:16:34 EST
I can't believe this is happening!  I can't believe I'm actually going to
write about this!   Wasn't it just Labor Day?!?!?!?

It's time to tell you about the Great Lakes Ferret Association Christmas
Party.  It will be Saturday, December 5, 1998, 1PM - 7PM.  Dinner will be
served at 4PM.  Santa will be there for a photo session for fuzzies.

Location is St. Lukes Episcopal Church, 15603 Wick Road in Allen Park.
Cost is $10 for Adults, $5 per Child.
RSVP by December 2, please,  to Gloria Davis, 27654 Southpointe,
Grosse Ile, MI 48138.

On the menu: baked ham, breaded pork chops, southern fried chicken,
mostaciolli and meatsauce, sliced turkey and gravy and stuffing, butter
corn, buttered whipped potatoes, salad, dinner rolls, coffee.

GLFA members are asked to bring a dessert to pass.

* * * * * * * * * * *
In my last post following the GLFA Ferret Renaissance '98, I wrote
FerretQuest '99 would be May 15 in Monroe, MI.  I also wrote that this was
dependent upon Murphy's Law.  Well......... Mr. Murphy intervened.  When we
went to investigate the facility, we learned since it is a hockey arena,
there will still be ice on it May 15.  Therefore, GLFA's FERRETQUEST '99
WILL BE SATURDAY, JUNE 5, 1999 IN MONROE, MICHIGAN.  More info to follow,
but you can mark this date on your ferret calendar.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Upcoming GLFA Events for 1999:

GLFA will be participating in the Fred Trost Practical Sportsmen Weekend in
Brighton, Michigan, July 17 & 18.  Fred Trost has been a friend of GLFA
since Day One and we have always participated in this yearly Weekend.  This
past summer was a good opportunity to discuss our legislative impasse with
HB5219 and SB616 with outdoorsmen and we were well received.  It didn't get
us anywhere legislatively with Sen. Jaye, however, and, unfortunately he
was re-elected to the Michigan Senate.

GLFA will be participating in the Silverleaf Festival in Galesburg, MI the
last 2 weekends of July.  This is a renaissance festival and in addition to
public education, we will be allowed to present an Adoption Option program.
June Wolf is already planning on Niles and Trevor in chainmail.

GLFA's Ferret Renaissance =9199 will be October 2 at The Summit (part of
the Capital Centre) in Lansing.  We all know how to get there now, don't
we?  From what we've heard, there should be two hotels on site so the
facility should be within war dancing distance.

GLFA will be present at the Davison Pumpkin Fest October 15 & 16 in
cooperation with the Davison Downtown Development Authority.  We hope to
have a ferret costume contest at this event as well as an Adoption Option
program and, of course, our ongoing public education.

I'm working on a GLFA Winter Weekend in Traverse City complete with a
Ferret Fun Match at the new Petsmart in Traverse City, but nothing
confirmed.  I'll let you know when "it's soup".  GLFA has a busy year
planned for members and non-members alike.

Take care
Dee
Beau & Nilla