From:
Pamela Paasche' O'Hearn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 23:55:14 -0400
Just dropping a note to thank everyone who has sent information to help me
with my ferret.  I am using "Timmy's diet" that was sent to me by Gary
Holowicki.  Fortunately, he likes it.  He won't eat completely on his own,
but he will lap it up readily from a syringe, if I am holding him.  I think
really he likes the pampering while he's sick.  We still do not know what is
wrong.  The last x-ray showed a lot of fluid in the chest.  It was hard to
read, but I'm hoping it's just pneumonia, because some of the others are
worse.  My boss has suggested the possibility of a mass being anterior to
the heart, or even that the lung is collapsed.  We are going to x-ray again.
He's been on lasix and Baytril, and I hope for a clearer x-ray now that the
fluid seems to have been alleviated.  He is acting better, but is far from
normal.  Still skinny, still staggers sometimes, urine still a little
greenish.  Also his stools, although they appear normal at first glance, are
very mucousy.  I'm tending to associate this with the antibiotics and his
gut flora, and the change in diet, but I am keeping an eye on it.  We worry
about him constantly, but as he hasn't gotten worse, at least it isn't
constant panic.  Again, thanks to all who have helped me with Nidhoggr, I
will keep posting the progress.  And if anyone has any other ideas, I am
always open to suggestions.

Thanks

Pamela Paasche O'Hearn