Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:55:56 EDT
(grab a box of tissues this is sad)

sorry i haven't written in a while.  some of you may know me but for
those who don't my name is Erika i work at pets plus and I've had about
10 ferrets myself and im very knowledgeable.  and at work of course i
take care of the ferrets and all the other little animals, well this
morning i go into work as any other day when i notice 2 cages sitting
outside of the door, in side was 2 chinchillas and a ferret.  this was
the worse site i have ever seen it was an all metal cage with 2 levels
there was no food/water/hammock NOTHING but (excuse my language) shit
covering the bottom and both of the levels with a scroney little ferret
i was pissed!!!!!

i take it in right away set up a confinement cage w/ food and water he
didn't even know what to do w/ it like he didn't know what it was.  then
i looked, its a boy he was desented and nurtured i looked at his teeth
for age and he is 2 1/2 to 3 years old.  next to the scale he was 1lb i
thought to my self come on a 3 year old ferret 1lb then i got even more
angry and called our store vet (he knows everything) to come and check
him out and he was fine no illnesses dehydrated from being left outside
over night, any very much so malnourished on the way home i went to the
store to get food to make duck soup he nibbles at it and he nibbles at
the wet baby ferret food with ferra-vite.  he relives him self about
every 4 hr and i still have to hand water him.

people can be so rotten its a living thing not something you take care of
when you have time.  if you want to see a PIC you can write to me but my
cam stinks

thanks for reading
Erika