From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 01:56:48 -0700
        [reposted by request, (gh)]

>From: <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 22:33:29 EDT
>Subject: Update Ok
>
>Dear Ladies and Gentleman:
>
>I have some very good news for all of you.
>
>First and foremost we have a lovely individual only 8 miles from the
>disaster area who is helping as I write you this message.  Her name is
>Sandy.  She is canvassing people to obtain Polaroid 600 film (this is VERY
>important - and a request from Terri Crisp - in order to photograph the
>animals so their owners can identify them and claim them)
>
>This evening I spoke with Terri Crisp of United Animal Nations Emergency
>Rescue Service: Terri and her team are at the Moore Animal Control Center
>in Moore City, OK. Moore Animal Control Shelter 3900 Frontage Road, Moore
>City, OK 93160.
>
>Terri has told me many animals have been rescued from the debris and are
>in medical care due to injuries.  So right now they need is money to pay
>the vet bill.  Those who want to help monetarily should make their check
>to: United Animal Nations (EARS).  They can send their check here to FFDRI
>(but make the check to UANEARS) and we will forward them on.  They will get
>a letter from UANEARS so they can get a tax deduction as UANEARS is a
>nonprofit 501-C3 organization.
>
>Folks unfortunately this will be an ongoing Response and I expect it to
>last a minimum of 6 weeks -- heck it's a real mess 2,000 homes wiped out,
>people that went to shelters couldn't take their animals.  We are going to
>have to help as best we can.  Talk to anyone and everyone, beg for food,
>litter medical supplies -- whatever you can get.
>
>I will speak with "Sandy" and see if she is willing to have our supplies
>sent to her -- this is "touchy" as she is only 8 miles from the devastation
>and went through the Tornado's with her family -- emotionally this is a
>very hard thing to handle and we don't want to overload her.
>
>Hang in their gang, I'll have an address for you soon other than the Moore
>Animal Control Shelter.
>
>Also, anyone up for posting to the FML?
>
>Start gathering supplies.
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>Chere McCoy
>Director, Ferret Friends Disaster Response International

Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>; He's the ferret
totally healed from "terminal lymphoma" without drugs or surgery. :)
My ICQ# 4461104
Timmy's Mailing List = http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/TimmyFerret
Timmy's Forum = http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=TimmyFerret