From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 16:25:13 -0400
From an earlier post:
>You said she bites,then you have mini seizures and all suggestions
>have been tried and have failed.....is it possible she is smelling
>something diff. about you and alerting you or cluing you in on
>upcoming seizures?

Ferrets do seem to have a sense of when something is not right. My
ferrets won't leave my feet alone when they can tell I'm going into a
Rheumatoid Arthritis flair. A lot of times, they know before me, and
are more likely to bite my feet trying to tell me something is wrong.
(Like biting me is the answer?! LOL), but usually they are spot on, and
I know within a couple days I will be having trouble so I get things
together easy meals etc... My little Bubbles before she passed was even
better at it, she knew usually 4 days in advance and would scratch my
feet with her paws....I miss her......sigh....

They seem to have an extra sense or something. My question is, "How
can they tell? Do my feet or hands or body for that matter smell
different?" The next deal is to figure that out, then maybe we can
prevent the flairs.

as far as seizures go, if the fert is smelling or can tell it is going
to happen, is there a pre seizure med that can help prevent?

Cindy & the slightly used gang