From:
Richard Beveridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 09:31:25 -0700
Seems one of the local vets tried to get ahold of us recently.  We weren't
home so we heard about this via a friend at the vets.  A lady phoned the
vets and asked if they knew anyone who had a ferret.  The vet remembered us
and said "yes" , then asked "why, was she interested in getting one?" She
replied that she wasn't interested in getting one to keep, but wanted to
"rent" one for a couple of days.  ( A rather odd request, so he inquired as
to why) She said she had rats or mice in the house ( she'd seen droppings)
and had heard that if she got a ferret in her house that would "use" the
floor, then that would scare off the rats or mice.  Now I'm all for making a
buck, so I'm wondering, how do I charge for this service?  Do I charge her
for the amount of time the ferret is in her place.... or by the amount of
"use" the ferret puts out?

RELAX... all of you animal( ferret) rights activists out there, our ferrets
aren't for hire.  No doubt if we did try to rent em out the FLO union reps
would be sending some of "the boys" over to have a friendly "chat" with the
management!