Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:10:26 -1000
With a sad heart, one of our new rescued ferrets went to the vets because
of having only dry heaves.  She isn't accepting any of the new ferrets no
matter how we introduce her.  She either has Helicobacter or a small
blockage.  She is on amoxy, flagg and pepto bismol for two days to see if
this might be a blockage instead.  "Bigs" archives doesn't show this as
contagious, and the only test for Helicobacter is with a stomach test.
The medicine listed might only show how sick the ferret is per how much
medicine they receive.  Since the only signs are dry heaves and stress
from being new, we aren't sure what might be going on.  Yes, a blockage
can be life threatening.  We are providing a number of laxatives with
some, but not all the luck we had wished for.  Would really appreciate
any help in this situation?  We have tried numerous methods of introducing
her with no luck at all.  She is under a year old with no history, being a
rescue.

Sunshine