From:
David Conzelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 18:54:09 -0500

i am about to purchase a sugar glider and have had a ferret, herbie, for
about 7 months....i've done a bunch of investigation on sugar gliders and
talked to other people who have them....here's my ideas on sugar-gliders
based on what i found out....

sugar gliders' personalities differ from ferrrets...sugar gliders are
playful, they have to be trained not to nip, their claws should be clipped
and trimmed often, and need lots of attention....but, they are very scared
of any person (or animal) they do not recognize by scent.  suger gliders
only let their owner or caretaker(s) handle them.  they have a strong sense
of smell and is how they will recognize people.  they are very loyal to the
person or persons they know.....sugar gliders don't sound very outgoing and
probably wouldn't get along with a ferret very well...i think my ferret
would beat my sugar glider down...sugar- gliders don't play rough like
ferrets...i plan on keeping herbie away from the sugar glider...good luck