From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:03:52 -0400
I am writing for my friend Alice about her 5 year old male, Fatso.  She
isn't a member of this list.

About a year ago he started picking on her Spass, I guess that was the only
one out of all of them.  Now in the last week he has started to pick on all
of the others, well here is a copy of what she wrote me when I told her I
would post for her:

Well Fatso is about 5 years old he's always got along with others until
about a year ago he started picking on Spass so started leaving Spass in
the house, Its been a week now that he's started picking on all the others
'; they'll be sleeping minding there own business and he'll attack them
ripping at there ears making them scream.  Think he'd really hurt them if
I didn't stop him.  He's eating ok and his poop ok too.  No he hasn't even
tried to bite me in fact is very loving to me and wants me to play hide and
seek with him, one of his favorite games.  Hope I didn't leave any
questions unanswered Alice P.S Love the little guy hope not some thing
real bad to were I lose him.

I told her that to me it sounded like possibly a adrenal problem or
prostate problem possibly caused by an adrenal problem.  I don't have time
to go into the archivesto look for any info on this as I am hand feeding a
pre-mature hatch baby bird every 2 hours 24 hours a day so am turning to
all you wonderful people that are loaded with this info to help her.  What
do you all think it could be?  Her hubby told her to "get rid of him", but
she loves him & wants to do what is best for him.

Her vet, who is not that ferret knowledgeable, told her it was possibly a
hormone problem & to keep him away from the others for awhile, which isn't
really helping Fatso if you ask me.  She would like to get other thoughts
on what could be wrong with him.  She said she looked up adrenal disease &
it didn't have anything about aggression.  I know that she knows about
Ferret Central, but am not sure where she looked up the info.  Mike Janke's
web site is listed on Ferret Central isn't it?  I just haven't had time to
look, I'm sorry.

So anyway since I forgot to ask her permission to post her email addy & it
is late & I am not sure if she is at work or not I want to get this mailed,
please send any responses to me & I will forward to her.  Many many thanks
in advance.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels