From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 11:49:35 -0500
I want to thank everyone that surfs on eyegive for FFS.  If you aren't
familiar with the site and want to help us raise money (we have 4 surgeries
coming up) for the ferrets please visit www.eyegive.com and register and
pick us as your charity then each day you visit eyegive and surf 5 sites
(actually you click on the logo on their surf page and it takes you right
to the sponsor then click your back button to go back to the surf page -
you can do this 5 times) and each time you earn $$$$ for FFS.  It doesn't
cost you a cent, only the time it takes to surf and the ferrets benefit
greatly from your donation.

We've been very busy.  Sabie and Charlie and Skit have left us.  All were
terminal cancer ferrets.  They kept us very busy with supportive care before
they left.  They are no longer in pain.  Someone once told me that the
reason the ferrets hang on so long at our house is because they don't want
to leave us.  I tend to believe that but enduring the heartbreak of watching
a loved-one die is tough on all of us.  One precious volunteer told me the
other day she'd come over more often but it hurts to see the sick ones.  But
that is what we do.  We love and care for them when no one else will.  It's
a lot of work but it is also rewarding to know they are as happy and
comfortable as we can make them and when the time grows near we know we've
done our best for them.

I still have one little critical girl.  She is about 6 years old and I'm
hoping she'll stay with us a bit longer.  We're treating her for an ulcer
and she's soon to go in for bloodwork (when I get a little more weight on
her).

Klondike needs an exploratory.  He has a growth in his tummy that is very
large.  We are hesitant as we don't know what we'll find but it has to be
done.  Crystal is soon to have adrenal surgery and Clyde for scent gland
removal as they keep getting impacted.  He's not too fond of Larry (our vet)
for emptying them - it hurts so we decided for surgical removal.  Duff may
need a second adrenal surgery as his symptoms are still there and getting
worse 6 months after the first surgery.

Comanche, Marley and Dusty are terminal.  They are 6+ years old (as best I
can estimate).  Dusty has insulinoma and Marley, well he's the older of
the two and it is just getting close to his time.  Spiccup is also older
and slowing way down.  Her adrenal problems are returning after 2 years
and a successful surgery.  Buds adrenal problems are returning as well.

Pumkin my Denmark boy is having a difficult time right now.  He is so tuned
into the others that he gets frantic when someone is critical.  When he goes
nuts we know someone is leaving.  But it is wearing on the poor little
fuzzy.  Thankfully he is young, about 1 year, and strong.

If anyone needs me for whatever, please don't hesitate to email or call.
I'm busy but never to busy to lend a helping hand if I can.  Afterall, that
is what I'm here for.

And if you have the time and would like to help, please surf for us at
Eyegive.

Hugs to all. tle