From:
Pat Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 13:59:44 -0700
I hate posts about ferrets that pass away.  I don't believe in the
Rainbow bridge.  But answering the phones here at San Diego Ferrets
Anonymous I get a lot of sad stories, and each one affects me.

And now it is my turn.  My ferret Simba was not herself one week ago.  I
noticed a lump on her side.  Off to the vet with the instruction "treat
her as if she were your ferret." So out came her spleen, one adrenal, a
pancreatic tumor and I got medicine for her newly discovered insulinoma.

When I went to give her medicine Friday night she was obviously in
distress - so off to the emergency vet where she died about 15 minutes
later.

Now I feel so guilty about putting her through so much surgery.  Had I
gone the cheap route and lost her, I'd feel guilty for not spending the
money.  I know you just can't win with these little guys.

This house, with three dogs, three ferrets and one cat seems so empty.
How I wish I had goldfish.

Pat Wright