Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 11:57:53 EST
I really wish that people would refrain from FORCING their viewpoints on
everyone else here on the FML.  Could we please just stick to writing
respectful and tactful suggestions, links to useful information,
interesting tidbits, fun stories, and/or our questions and concerns...
Unless there is evidence of animal abuse - please try and RESPECT other
people and the ways that they are raising their little carpet sharks.  I'm
so tired of all this flaming and complaining!  (and to Shea - I'm sorry
that people have sent you hateful e-mails - I think you should report
them to BIG)

Dear Melissa,

Although I appreciate your good intentions to help this owner become more
knowledgeable about ferrets and what might be the best care for them, I
think your posting on the FML was inappropriate.  It is obvious that the
owner genuinely cares about their ferrets and is doing the best they can
for them and that they are open-minded enough to listen to your opinions
and suggestions and there is NO evidence that the ferrets are being
abused/neglected in anyway.  Just because the owner is not feeding them
the food YOU want them to and is not following YOUR suggestions - you
feel that you have a right to "help her see the error of her ways".  Do you
have any respect for other's opinions or rights to do things differently
than you?  You seem surprised that they are no longer responding to your
e-mails - Quite frankly, based on your posting, I wouldn't continue to
communicate with you if I were this owner because it sounds as if you are
harrassing her.  You gave your suggestions and links to information, which
was a caring and helpful gesture....If she takes your advice - great.  If
not, well that is HER choice to make....not yours.

Respectfully,
Isabelle