From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:57:01 -0500
Hi[Heather Wojtowicz] everyone ,

I wanted to let you all know about a GREAT new entertainment center I
purchased this weekend for my ferret crew:

It's quite tall, about 5' high, but is also available in other heights
and widths if you know where to look.  It has various protruding arms
for climbing, and some are sturdier than others.  Models with thicker
"climbing arms" can be had if your fuzzy gang consists of heavier, more
ungainly ferrets.  Ferrets with good dexterity and a fearlessness of
heights can often quickly ascend to the very top!

Although it comes without any accessories, hanging toys may be purchased
separately.  There are spaces on the climbing arms to put toys which can
be batted, swatted, knocked to the floor, and dragged away to a safe
hiding spot for hours of weasel joy.

I have seen models pictured where people hang strings of various snacks
and goodies from the arms, although I personally didn't choose this option
for my own version - my ferrets get enough treats.

When you first get the entertainment center home, you might find that some
parts of it have a sticky residue.  Be careful; it's a little hard to wash
off.  The ferrets didn't seem to mind that they got some on their head and
paws.

In addition, you have the option of purchasing a plastic or metal
reservoir which fits into the bottom of the entertainment center.  This
reservoir can hold a convenient supply of water if the ferrets become too
thirsty while climbing, playing, and grabbing toys off the climbing arms.

If you're interested in purchasing one of these great toys, which can keep
your ferret entertained throughout the holiday season, hurry - they are
getting sold out quickly!  You can find them at various outdoor farms,
garden shops, and roadside stands.  I believe some non-profit groups may
be selling them as a fundraiser.

At most places, it's about $20; less if you bring an axe and cut down your
own tree.

-Heather