From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 1996 09:08:31 -0500
Well, again, I have to agree with Trish on this - I've been using Totally
Ferret as the main staple of my mix, and the condition of ferrets and their
coats was noticably improved in a very short perior of time.  I've been
using it for about 3 years now, and highly recommend it.  In fact, I include
a 5# bag with each kit that I sell.

Our shelter director was so impressed with the change in the shelter ferrets
after I encouraged her to use Totally Ferret, that she started using it for
her own ferrets as well, and again saw the difference.

Using high quality foods also reduces the need for supplements such as
Ferretone and Linatone - as I mentioned in a previous post - I use Ferretone
for nail clipping only now, not on a regular basis - there's no need for it
if you're using really good foods - and Totally Ferret is one of the best -
if not *the* best - IMO.

In the long run, it's actually cheaper than the other foods, because your
ferrets will eat less as all their requirements are being satisfied in this
food.

I've never had a problem with "thin" nursing jills - my nursing jills have
maintained exceptional body weight through the whole nursing process - and
my kits have all had fat little bellies.

Keep in mind that even though you may be paying shipping charges, if you're
shipping it in from out of state, you're not paying any sales tax on it
either.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA/DJR Ferrets
Rochester, NY