Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:43:55 EST
Mary G., I was so happy someone answered the DM daughters post. I
was insulted that she sent that letter. I, for one, have not seen
their happy abodes but too many different people attest to the same
mistreatment of their ferrets for it to be untrue. I still can't get
over that the Ohio Health Department found that the ferrets were just
fine and legal. Also is this daughter a little twisted? Maybe in her
mind she sees the farm clean and the ferrets all happy and living just
wonderful lives. I think she truly beleives it. They sound like the
Beverly Hillbillies gone awry to me. The whole thing is sickening and
disgusting. I, for one made a donation to mfran. At least they did
save a group of these guys. Now to get the farm closed down, never
to be reopened. The affidavit from MFRAN horrified me.

Sprite, it's a good idea to take 3 out of area people to view the
conditions o f this farm but I don't think then will get true unaltered
pictures. By time you got out there much will be cleaned up and after
you leave they will return to the old terrible bad habits. I'm sure
they are doing some cleaning right now. And many have said they just
return to the same old habits!

Agile, sounds like you have been out there, but how much were you
really allowed to see? We are in winter now, with wind chills below
zero and frozen food and water! Did you go in a season when they
decided to clean a little or after they were accused of cruelty and
cleaned a little in case they got inspected. What about the dog running
all over and around the cages and scaring the poor ferts to death. Do
you find that normal? Do you find ferts stuck between cages and unable
to move in the freezing cold normal? Do you find a loose ferret being
kept back by a dog when trying to escape normal? Sure, if they were all
friendly and brought up in a loving home! You are so selfish, that you
dont even want protective breeding laws passed for ferrets! It's fine
yours are well taken care of and you breed a few a year, but to defend
a broken down excuse for a breeding farm with sick,cold, uncaring
owners. They may not even care if they live or die. Maybe they get a
tax write off for the ones that die! Maybe they don't even pay taxes!
How could you support anyone like that. And you are about the only one!

I don't normally put people down like this and argue with people like
this, but this is just too much for me. No animal shoukd ever be
allowed to suffer like this. I pray everynite that the rest of these
ferts can be taken out safely. Even more, I pray that they never be
allowed to breed ferrets again! Thats just my opinion. This is a tough
case and I hope we win for the ferrets!