From:
Libby Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 14:38:40 -0700
Dogs on Deployment is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit which provides
the largest online network for military members to search for
volunteers willing to board their pets during their service
commitments, such as deployments or training. Going further, Dogs on
Deployment provides financial assistance to military pet owners, aids
homeless veterans and their pets, advocates for the military-pet
community and promotes responsible pet ownership, saving pets from
needlessly being relinquished to shelters due to military commitments.
In order to accomplish Dogs on Deployment's robust mission of improving
the morale and support for military pet owners, Dogs on Deployment
relies solely on public charity.

The Houston Ferret Association had a booth at the recent Pet Expo. I
stopped at the Dogs for Deployment booth and talked with them about
fostering/boarding other animals besides dogs. The woman said recently
a soldier posted they had to find a foster for their 2 ferrets. She
told me to sign up on the website and state whatever animals I would
be willing to foster.

www.dogsondeployment.org

There are soldiers all over the US who need help with their animals
when they are deployed. I figured the ferret community could step up
to help.

Libby Nelson
Houston, TX